Welcome to the Grief Club: Signed Book + Sympathy Card
Welcome to the Grief Club is my illustrated book on grief, published 2022 with Workman Publishing. This is a gentle and validating book for anyone who is grieving a loss, or for anyone who wants to better understand what the experience of grief & loss can be like. This package comes with a greeting card with the option to add a personalized note, for easy gifting (please follow instructions below).THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Signed copy of Welcome to the Grief Club book
- "Permission to Grieve" letterpress printed greeting card
Add to cart
- Add any extras If you'd like to add some extra goodies, simply add them to your cart and it will all go to your recipient. Everything that you order with the care package will be shipped as part of the care package!
- Add a personalized note (optional) Please type in your (short!) message where it says "Add A Note To Your Order" on the bottom of the "Your Cart" page. Your personalized note will be written in that card. I'll be hand writing these notes for you :)
- Put the recipient's shipping address If shipping directly to someone else, please remember to put in their shipping address! When ordering multiple care packages, please enter each one as a separate transaction, since each recipient's care package needs to be shipped separately. This ensures that the shipping address and associated shipping costs for each package are correct, and also ensures that you receive tracking information for all of the orders.
About the book:
Based on my own experience of grief— I lost a partner in my 20s—and as those of other Grief Club members, I wrote this book of brief writings, illustrations, and creative diagrams to explore the wide range of emotions and experiences that grief can encompass.
For anyone who has lost a loved one or who is close to someone who is grieving, Welcome to the Grief Club is a book of solace, connection, hope, and reassurance. It addresses with empathy and honesty the aspects of grief that so many of us experience but that aren’t widely discussed: the variety and volatility of emotions—sadness, anger, guilt, joy; the physical symptoms of grief; and how grief isn’t linear, but it does change and soften over time. It affirms that there is truly no right or wrong way to grieve and assures us that the things we feel that surprise us or seem strange are often common and always valid.
Humor helps us to survive, and the book uses a lighthearted approach to cover powerful topics, like supremely unhelpful things that people say to those who are grieving, grief trigger bingo, and everyday acts of resilience. This book is a companion that says, I see you and you are not alone, from one grieving person to another. It is a gentle reminder to give yourself permission to grieve for as long as—and in whichever ways—you need.
Watch Welcome to the Grief Club on Good Morning America
Sent this to my best friend when her father passed. It feels so much more heartfelt to send something like this rather than just some flowers or something like that. I loved that my message was included in the letter (especially with my terrible handwriting).
I love all my Kwohtations purchases so much. As I hoped, it's inspiring work-life balance. Janine even sent an extra mini-print with a handwritten note on the back. Will be back :)
I purchased a mixed set for a friend and she loved it. She took a moment to put ALL of the stickers on her calendar and daily journal because they made her smile. If you (or a friend) needs a little inspiration, get this!
I sent this care package as a gift to my coworker, it’s so well designed. My coworker loves the tea towel and stickers, and hand written card!
The package was perfect and brought some sunshine to the recipient. Thanks for making something so thoughtful for hard times.